If you want to read more about the Bill, then this page has a list of places you can find more information. There are links to the Bill itself, press articles, and online resources. If you know of any more that should be here, please let us know.
- New bill will not halt stifling of UK business
- Guardian Unlimited Politics | Special Reports | Yesterday in parliament
- Guardian Unlimited: June 14th 2006
- BBC NEWS | Politics | Ministers slammed on red tape law
- BBC News, 8th June 2006
- ePolitix.com - Red tape plan 'went badly wrong'
- ePolitix.com, 8th June 2006
- BBC NEWS | Politics | Rail funding fear from watchdog
- BBC News, 7th July 2006
- Why Murphyâ€™s law is a threat to democracy >> .:thebusinessonline.com:.
- The Business Online: May 14, 2006
- Comment is free: An act for parliament
- The Guardian Unlimited: May 6, 2006
- BBC NEWS | UK | UK Politics | Government amends law change bill
- BBC News: May 4, 2006
- Safeguards added to red tape law | OUT-LAW.COM
- Out-Law: May 4, 2006
- Move to quell red tape Bill fears | the Daily Mail
- Daily Mail: May 3, 2006
Radio & Television
- Law in Action: BBC Radio 4, March 21, 2006
- Featuring Daniel Finkelstein and John Spencer QC, around 21 minutes in.
- Sunday AM: BBC One, March 19, 2006
- Clare Short voices her opposition during the paper review, around 20 minutes in.
- The Today Programme: BBC Radio 4, February 22, 2006
- The programme discusses the LRRB.
- House of Lords - Delegated Powers and Regulatory Reform - Twentieth Report
- The Governments list of amendments, published 4 May 06
- Legislative and Regulatory Reform Bill at TheyWorkForYou.com
- Run down of the bill's progress through the Commons which analysis of ammendments
- NewsNow: Abolition of Parliament Bill
- A very useful site which collects together lots of Bill-related news.
- Phil Peter: The Abolition of Parliament
- Our very own Phil Peter writes about the Bill on the Conservative Home website.
- Squidoo: Save Parliament
- The latest LRRB-related news and blog articles.
- Enabling Tyranny
- A good writeup of the Bill from the "Many Angry Gerbils" blog.
- Wikipedia's LRRB Aticle
- Info on the LRRB from Wikipedia.
- Technorati LRRB search
- Search thousands of blogs for comments on the LRRB.
- Murky.org: Totalitarianism Bill Archives
- Murky, blogging very effectively against the bill.
- Spy Blog
- Spy Blog do an excellent job going into the details.
- Right Links LRRB Campaign
- Right Links also have a page campaigning against the bill.
- The Enabling Act
- A very similar piece of legislation which was passed in Germany in 1933.
- UK Parliament
- The history and function of Parliament in the UK.
- Magna Carta
- The first time citizens were protected from the abuse of power by the state.